1. What proof must a Canadian commercial driver possess to reflect a driver is qualified to transport hazardous materials (HM) in the United States?
2. Are U.S. commercial drivers required to possess a TDG training certificate when transporting HM in Canada?
3. Are Canadian commercial drivers who transport any liquid or gaseous material in a tank having a rated capacity of 1,000 gallons or more or multiple tanks having an individual rated capacity of more than 119 gallons and an aggregate capacity of 1,000 or more gallons in the U.S. required to display a tank vehicle endorsement on their Canadian Commercial License like the CDL for a U.S. driver?
4. What is the restriction identified on a Canadian Commercial License for a Canadian driver when they are not permitted to operate in the United States for medical reasons?
5. What is the restriction identified on a U.S. CDL for a U.S. driver when they are not permitted to operate in Canada for medical reasons?
Policy | USA.gov
of Information Act (FOIA) |
OIG Hotline |
Web Policies and Important Links | Site Map |
Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
1200 New Jersey Avenue SE, Washington,
DC 20590 • 1-800-832-5660 • TTY: 1-800-877-8339 • Field